Friday, July 1, 2011

EDC Wrap-UP!


Sorry guys, it's been a rough few days for me. But I am finally around to write up my EDC wrap-up. YEOW! For those of you who missed it, I am terribly sorry. You missed out on one of Insomniac's most successful massive's to this date. The Las Vegas metropolitan area was nothing but pleased and happy with the turn out of not only the event itself, but of the tourism it provided for the city overall. Electric Dasiy Carnival provided jobs, tourism, and a fun fan-crowd for the Las Vegas and surrounding areas.
I was there for the whole weekend shooting photos for a dear friend of mine. I was able to catch some big name acts like: Skrillex, Stanton Warriors, Avicii, Swedish House Mafia, Afrojack, Felguk, Jack Beats, Felix Cartal, Wolfgang Gartner, Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, Harvard Bass and A-Trak. That's only the few I managed to see more than 15 minutes of their sets, but EDC provided crowd goers with over 100 live performances of pure electronic sweetness. EDC also had 13-large scale art installations that provided visual and interactive experiences for the party-goers. Art installations ranging from Brolly Flock to a 15-minute firework extravaganza provided by Insomniac every single night! The Las Vegas Motor Speedway was a 1,000 acre playground of full-sized carnival rides, 6 stages, art installations, and euphoria.
Something new I noticed this year was WATER. Insomniac allowed fans to purchase an aluminum Insomniac water bottle before the event to take in and re-fill for FREE all night and every night! You could also purchase a water bottle/any drink at the event and re-fill it for free as well. I think this was a huge step for this event as the entire event had postings all over the place making sure that party-goers were well hydrated and knew of the free options to stay hydrated. Bravo Insomniac. It was in fact over 100 degrees in Vegas, just saying...
Over 230,000 attendees experience a purely smooth weekend of raving and dancing the night away while listening to top of the line artists play their hearts out. A state of the art screening process scanned I.D. cards to ensure everyone was over 18 and new this year for Insomniac is ticket cards that scan you in each day. I was nothing but impressed with the ease of getting in, parking (FREE parking might I add), walking through the gates, and dancing the night away. I was so grateful to be a part of this huge stepping stone in Insomniac's future career in providing top of the line carnivals and festivals for the masses.
I highly suggest you attend the next event that Insomniac graces you with, it won't let you down. I promise.


Check out my photos from the entire weekend at http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenraye/
Also, check out Insomniac's website for upcoming events at http://www.insomniac.com/

1 comment: