
Photo: HiFi Cartel
There is always a heavy debate in the DJ world about vinyl V. digital mixing. What does one choose? Why not both? Swiss-born techno synth DJ Deetron (Sam Geiser) has done just that, mixing and intertwining the two worlds of the vinyl and digital mixing. It's true, both have their own attractive traits, but for Deetron, it was too hard to decide on just one. Being the sort of person being influenced by many things in his music, it doesnt seem unusual to see him working with both spectrum's of the DJing world.
In a press release featuring his newest album Balance: 020...
“I chose to use both digital and analogue formats since I'm using both when I'm playing out” he explains. “This compilation is a celebration of the gorgeous format that is vinyl and a praise for the endless possibilities the digital world has to offer.”
Taking his early strides as a house producer from hip-hop originally, his young career is soon to blossom in the electronic-house world. His music as soothing and intricate as it is, only brings you more and more into what he's feeling when he makes his music. Coming from an extremely musical family, his father a jazz player, he was surrounded by the sounds that bring people together. Falling in love with the hip-hop scene early on, it didn't take too much for him to evolve into his own sound in which you can hear bits and pieces of other genres that influenced his own personal sound.
Balance: 020 is a grand at its doing of elusively musical sounds. I highly suggest listening to it at night, you'll have a new appreciation for the world after I promise.
Check it out for yourself! He has a preview of the entire CD on his soundcloud!

Deetron - Balance 020 CD1 (Preview edit) - listen now!
No comments:
Post a Comment