Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Madeon: Young New Legend


After listening to music and watching videos with my best friend Dylan, I came to realize how impressive this kid really is. Discovering how incredibly gifted he is when it comes to 'live' sets, I don't even know how to explain it. For those of you who are not aware of the difference in live and DJ sets, lets just say that live sets are WAY harder to do and 10x more impressive when done well. I'm impressed.

Madeon, a fresh new sound in the electronic-house-pop music scene, a French born producer has been making waves in the sound systems that are your ears. This kid, being as impressive as his sounds are, is only 16. Yes, I said it right, ONLY 16. Making as meticulous creations as some of the biggest DJ's in the world, he has certainly started making an impression on me. Madeon is extremely skilled at production and musicality in his mixes that it's hard to believe he hasn't been doing it for years. Let's just say that this kid will be richer than your face before he even becomes legal.

I am sure you have all heard of his top track 'Pop Culture' in which he remixes together 39 songs in a impressive mash-up. Impressed? It's just beginning. Being the only one known to date to be able to remix over any of Deadmau5's original cuts, Madeon was praised by Joel Zimmerman himself for his remix of 'Raise Your Weapon'. So impressed by Madeon's skill, it is included in Deadmau5's newest EP 'Raise Your Weapon (Remixes)'.

Madeon was given the chance to present his creation on Pete Tong's BBC Radio 1 on May 13, 2011, in which the world of electronic music was able to hear and melt to the sounds that will be filling all your ears in the coming years. We can expect nothing but great things from this kid in the coming years. He is such a baby in the sense of years, but in the sense of skill he one of the top ones out there.

#Check out his stuff, I promise you'll start to feel bad about your so called "skills" after...

Deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon (Madeon Remix) @ Pete Tong 05.13.11 by Madeon

Pendulum - The Island (Madeon Remix) by Madeon

No comments:

Post a Comment