
Hello my lovely readers. You want to know something that really bugs me? When vintage clothing is so freaking expensive, I don't understand why it is, its old therefore it should be cheaper than new. Its a phenomenon that I don't understand, I work at a buy, sell, trade clothing store and we don't price vintage high: we price it lower than new because new should be more expensive than used and in this case heavily used (vintage, old).
Being from San Francisco, I can't help but being in love with long summer skirts. Vintage Hippie Chic to the floor long skirts can be $30 to $50 a pop! Wow, that seems just too much in my eyes. So being the money conscious and crafty person I am, I came up with a DIY version of the ever popular Hippie Chic long skirt, ah just in time for the summer heat. Brace yourself, its going to be a sweaty one.
First: I started with a long flowy dress. Preferably in the jersey material. The satin, chiffon, and softer materials like that don't play well when you cut them without properly edging them.


Next: I added elastic strap to the top to hold the skirt to the body. As the elastic would be one straight piece, where the elastic piece meets back together in the back, that is where I added the zipper. Vola, you have yourself probably the cheapest Hippie Chic skirt ever. It may not be vintage per-say, but who has to know? Its as Vintage as you want it to be...
lovely!
ReplyDeletegreat tutorial...
ReplyDeleteCool skirt!
buy skirt online in reasonable price
http://www.mogulinteriordesigns.com/category/26884634861/1/Skirts.htm