Wednesday, November 2, 2011

LIVE 105 Subsonic Halloween Ball


LIVE 105 Subsonic Halloween Ball 2011
The Regency Ballroom, SF

So I just had the most amazing night of my life. Shooting for LIVE 105, one of the Bay's biggest radio stations, and seeing my all time favorite DJ Fake Blood, known as Theo Keating or touché. I was also blessed with the presence of Bag Raiders and 2manydjs. To say the least it was probably one of the greatest shows I have attended lately.
I obviously loved all of Fake Blood's set, but 2manydjs really impressed me. They dropped some major beats that just got the crowd insane. These two brothers make up the front of Soulwax, but often play as a duo under the name 2manydjs. I have never seen a show quite like theirs before, creating visuals on top of a huge LCD screen gives the audience visuals to go along with sounds. Along with that they had 4 trusses staggered on the sides of the DJ booth with strobes and intelligent lights to create and even more impressive environment. Lights in sync with LCD screen visuals, which were often repeated moving pictures enveloped with neon colors and movements, made the show seem larger than it was.
Fake Blood had a great set as well, not in the visual sense, but in the music sense. Fake Blood destroyed the show in my eyes. He personally to me dropped such great songs and in such a sync. Theo really has an ear for music and sounds and understands how to make beats swim well together. I was overall amazed by his set, he mixes with such a cool, calm, and collected exterior, its almost daunting to want to know what is going on in his mind during his sets. Being one of the few to still work with vinyl, his movements while mixing are small paces from one table to the next. Simple.
My life just got so much better: especially at the moments when Fake Blood dropped "Blood Splashing" and 2manydjs dropped "We Love Animals". LIFE=COMPLETE.

Check out my photos from the event!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenraye/sets/72157628033776034/

Crookers - We Love Animals by musicblogger

Fake Blood - Blood Splashing by Koshika

No comments:

Post a Comment